This is a summary of an article written by Lenny Rachitsky. Full article can be found here.
Looking to transition in to Product Management? This guide is for you
- Step 1: Ask yourself "what motivates you and excites you at work?"
- Does this align with the responsibilities of a PM?
- Become a PM if you like - creating amazing experiences for users 👌, getting shit done! ✅ Working closely with a variety of people 👨🎤
- Step 2: Plan "how to become a PM" by selecting one of the many routes
- Step 3: Develop your skills.
- Become a problem solver - talk to the best PMs you know to understand how they solve problems
- Execution and getting shit done - try to "project manage" a big project for a known PM to learn how it is done
Get our two minute reads with practical product management advice delivered to your WhatsApp inbox: http://bit.ly/wajapm