Five reasons why I think consistency is king:
- Consistency leads to success. Consistency requires discipline. Discipline keeps me focused on those things that contribute to my goals.
- Being consistent helps me win trust. If I say something, I consistently follow through. If I commit to a timeline, I deliver. If I am attending a meeting, I show up on time. This consistent behaviour has won me respect and appreciation from peers, seniors, friends and family.
- Consistency helps me stand out for all the right reasons. Following small habits leads to remarkable outcomes. Delivering outcomes consistently sets me apart from others around me.
- Consistency enables measurement of success and failure. If I try something new, I do it for some time (typically six months) consistently. Without this trial period, there is no way to decide if it works or not.
- Consistency forces accountability.